Monday 1 April 2013


The Brightest Star in the Sky by Marian Keyes

June the first, a bright summers evening, a Monday and into the busy bustling homes at 66 Star Street slips unseen, a mysterious visitor. As the couples, flatmates and repentant singletons on No 66 fall in and out of love, clutch at and drop secrets, laugh, cry and simply try to live, no one suspects the caller patiently in the wings. For soon: really soon, everything is going to change…….

This is my first Marian Keyes, and it took a while to get into it. Not because of her style but because I was trying to work out who or what the narrator is. However once I penetrated the story and I was in, there was no putting it down until the last page was turned.  This novel is like peeling an onion there are so many layers to it. If you have chunks of time to read blocks of pages in each reading sitting, this is a worthwhile read.

Having spoken to a friend who has read more Marian Keyes, this one is not representative of her others. This has wet my appetite and I will read another at some point in the future.

The Commuting Bookworm 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment